Salvin Dental Specialties, Inc., (Salvin) recognizes the importance of our customers’ privacy. Our existing and potential customers’ best interests drive our decisions and practices. The protection of your personal information and respect of your privacy is an aspect of our business we have always taken very seriously.
Salvin occasionally will email you with information on upcoming industry courses or product updates.
In the spirit of transparency and understanding, we have answered the most frequently asked questions below.
What kinds of information is Salvin collecting?
Salvin collects a variety of information to better meet our customers’ needs. The following information provided by you is routinely collected electronically through email, over-the-phone or through our website (ie. via our Contact Us page and web forms), and through in-person contact (ie. via Business Cards, etc.):
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- Company Name
- Market Segment/Industry
- Certain Website Performance Data (see Cookies below)
- Transactional Information
How is Salvin using my information?
Salvin is a global company with a worldwide customer base. Certain information is critical to delivering flawless service to you.
- Name: used to identify you as a point-of-contact.
- Email: used to contact you electronically.
- Phone Number: used to contact you by phone.
- Company and Address: used to ensure your delivery location for products and samples.
- Country/Region: used to assign your account to team members that are familiar with requirements unique to your specific country or region.
- Market Segment/Industry: used to assign your account to team members that are familiar with requirements unique to your specific industry.
- Website Performance Data: this information (often collected automatically and anonymously) helps us understand which web pages are most helpful to our users, and how we can best serve our customers and prospective customers.
- Transactional Information: used for services or products purchased.
Who is collecting my information?
Salvin Dental Specialties, Inc., is the primary processor and controller of existing customer, and potential customer data. We collect this information electronically through email, our website, etc. and by in-person contact at tradeshows, courses, etc.
Salvin also utilizes some third parties to assist in website maintenance and marketing activities. These third parties include Google (ie. Google Analytics).
- “Essential Cookies” are cookies necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off.
- “Performance and Functional Cookies” are used to enhance your overall website experience. Without these cookies enabled, certain functionality would be lost.
- “Analytics Cookies” are utilized to help count visitors, and understand how our site is used and to monitor performance.
- “Persistent Cookies” are used to identify you as a returning visitor to the Site.
Is my information secure?
While no organization may realistically be able to guarantee 100% security and protection, we firmly believe that we utilize the appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative security measures to protect the personal information you provide us. Among other practices, we feature physical security at our buildings, passwords to protect our databases, compliance audits, and virus/intrusion detection software.
Who has access to my information?
The information you provide to Salvin is confidential. Only Salvin employees who need it to provide you with the best possible service will have access to your data. We require all employees who have access to any customer data to handle it strictly confidential.
Will you share my information with third parties?
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. Only as absolutely necessary will we share your information outside of Salvin, and only if such sharing is necessary to provide our products to you.
Can I request that my information be removed or erased?
If you are a citizen of the European Union covered under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) approved by the EU, you have the right to request your consent be withdrawn, and to have your personal information be erased. Deletion is subject to qualifying criteria (such as the data no longer being necessary for the controller to possess). If you would like to withdraw consent or request that your personal information be removed or erased please email us at [email protected]
Salvin Dental Specialties, Inc.
3450 Latrobe Drive
Charlotte, NC 28211
This policy is effective as of June 12, 2018